G4CQM 50Ω Direct Feed Low Q Low Noise Yagis
All weather performance VHF/UHF/SHF yagi antenna designs...
- Designed by Antenna Designer Derek Hilleard G4CQM, each yagi featuring fat chunky elements!
- >>> Build Dimensions and yagi Stacking Distances can be found in the .nec files (these are simple text files and can be viewed in your web browser or text editor). Consider that when building a four yagi group the length and position of the driven elements will be somewhat different due to mutual coupling! Check each four yagi group .nec file to see recommended stacking distances! <<<
- >>> NEED DIFFERENT ALUMINIUM TUBE DIAMETERS/SIZES? THEN CONTACT G4CQM AND I'LL TRY TO HELP YOU! <<<
- Using the free and powerful 4nec2 by Arie Voors segmentation has been set at 25 segments per λ/2 for tuning purposes. Note that dimensions quoted are for free-space...
- In the real world using Badland element clips for mounting the parasitics (reflector to final director) Boom Correction is required as follows:
50 & 70MHz = 0mm
144MHz = +6mm
432MHz = +7mm
Meanwhile Driven Element assumes PowAbeam DE moulding, no addition to length required in this case!
More from G4CQM, links to other pages/topics of interest...
- THESE YAGI ANTENNA DESIGNS ARE NOT FOR COMMERCIAL USE OF ANY KIND WITHOUT PRIOR CONSENT!
- Private experimenters are free to use these designs for their own personal enlightenment. However, no guarantee or warranty is offered or implied.
- New theme by Derek Hilleard G4CQM - Hand coded with Pluma text editor and OpenIndiana - Copyright © 2017 All Rights Reserved
Flag Counter started on September 14th 2017...